About Us » At a Glance

At a Glance

Preschool through 8th Grade

  • 265 students
  • 1 preschool class
  • 2 prekindergarten classes
  • 1 class per grade for kindergarten through 8th grade
  • 75% Catholic, 25% other religious affiliations
  • 10% of students receive financial aid
  • 28% of students are students of color

Staff

  • 30 faculty and staff: 20 teachers, 5 teacher aides, and 5 support staff
  • Faculty hold B.A., B.S., or M.A. degrees

Student Teacher Ratios

  • 1:8 teacher to student ratio in preschool
  • 1:9 teacher to student ratio in prekindergarten
  • 1:14 teacher to student ratio in kindergarten through 2nd grade

Associations and Affiliations

  • Washington Federation of Independent Schools
  • Western Catholic Education Association (our accrediting agency)
  • State of Washington

Core Curriculum

As outlined by the State of Washington and the Archdiocese of Seattle:

  • Math
  • Science
  • Reading
  • Language Arts
  • Literature
  • Social Studies
  • Visual and Performing Arts (Music & Movement)
  • Physical Education
  • Religion
  • Spanish
  • Integrated Speech Program in 3rd through 8th grades

Student Life and Co-Curricular Activities

  • CYO Athletics
  • Speech Competition
  • Math Competition
  • Group Band
  • Spring Musical
  • Community Service
  • Student Council
  • Service Committee

History

Our Lady of the Lake Catholic School has provided quality Catholic education in Northeast Seattle for more than 70 years. On June 12, 1949, His Excellency, the Most Reverend Thomas A. Connolly, dedicated the first school building at Our Lady of the Lake.  By 1956 the original six classrooms and auditorium were no longer adequate for the student population, so in 1957 an addition was built that included nine more classrooms.

The Tacoma Dominican sisters staffed the school into the 1970s. In the 1970s, however, as they retired or moved on to other ministries, lay faculty replaced them. A kindergarten class was added to the school in the mid-1970s, and in 2003 a prekindergarten class was added. To respond to the growth of the parish, a preschool class and a second prekindergarten class were added in 2006. In 2013, an Events Center, including a state-of-the-art gymnasium and updated Multipurpose Room (MPR), was built through the generous support of our community after a successful capital campaign. Today, our school is a thriving community of faith dedicated to continuing the tradition of excellence for the next generations of "Lakers for Life."